Thursday, February 2, 2017

Project Life Week 2 & 3 | Simple Stories

Hi there !

Today I am going to be sharing some more Project Life pages. Now I have to explain about how I am going to be doing my January pages. It turns out that we went to Disneyland the second week of January and then we went to the beach the week after. So I had less photos from the regular week. I decided to combine week 2 and week 3. That is what you are seeing today.

I am using the new collection by Simple Stories called Love and Adore. I loved this collection ! The colors were so fun to create with.

So lets get started.


I am so happy with how this spread came together. The colors seemed to be made for each other. The products plus the photos. I had so much making this one.

For my title card I started out by cutting this awesome heart out from a 4x6 journaling card. I loved the pattern and the color of the heart but needed some more room to add my dates and stuff. I add it to a piece of white cardstock to make the heart stand out more. Since this was going to be my title card I had to figure out where to add my dates. I went with a label and tucked it underneath that hello chipboard piece. 




I went ahead and chose this journaling card with lots of white space and those hearts in a row at the bottom. I needed a card that I could add a longer story onto it and this one was perfect. The story goes with the photo below it. As you can see those great hearts on the bottom of the card. I accidentally discovered that the leftover/inside piece of the yellow chipboard heart fit perfectly inside these hearts. It adds a little piece of dimension to the card. 

The next card holds a photo of my son and has some journaling underneath the photo. I was working in my scrap room while the kids were playing outside one afternoon. My son thought it was so funny to sneak up and shoot his nerf gun at the window. The card itself has some embellishments on it already and it was perfect to add a few stickers and some enamel dots to finish it off. Simple and easy. 



Let's move over to the other side of my spread. It turned out that I had more to say about these weeks then I had smaller pockets. I added in this 4x6 journaling card to recap the week so to speak. On the bottom of the card I added that cute chipboard banner for some eye candy. The color scheme came together super easy this time with a lot of pinks, blues, and reds. I chose to create a filler card with this blue arrow patterned paper. On top of the card I layered some stickers and a cluster of embellishments up at the top. 


Don't be afraid to cut up your journaling and filler cards and use them as you need. That is what I did here with the watercolor strokes card. Originally it was a 4x6 card and I was looking for a  journaling card for my story about making things. So I cut it down to 3x4 and went from there. I wanted to talk about how we all have been making things lately. My husband has been baking bread and I have been busy making crafty things. I got to work and used a combination of letter stickers and the word sticker "be" as a title for my journaling card. I added some strips of washi tape underneath. It acted as a longer home for my title. 


I couldn't resist using these big and fun chipboard X and O pieces. So I used them right on top of my photo. It left this perfect little pocket to add my journaling on the other side. I also added in some of the bits and pieces above the X and O chipboard pieces. 


One photo that I did include in these pages were one from our trip at the beach. Whenever we go down to a particular beach we stop at the fruit stand. This time we picked up some strawberries, oranges, and mangos. It is kind of tradition to take a feet shot. 


That is a wrap of week 2 and week 3. I have already shared our Beach day pages and still need to complete the Disney spread and week 4. 2017 is off to a great start. 

Thanks so much for coming everyone !! 


No comments: