Thursday, December 1, 2016

December Daily 2016 | Title Page

December is here. And that means I will be embarking in another round of December Daily magic. 

I am so excited for this Christmas season to start. I am ready for a semi quiet, magical, twinkly, month. Full of wonder, cheer, joy, and all things Merry. 

I wanted to share with you my December Daily album so far. It took me a while to get an actual start on it this year. I ordered Ali's Main DD kit this year and I will be using that along with my stash. I also plan on adding in some digital cards and stuff as well. 

Let's get this party started shall we ?!!! 

As a bonus for ordering early I received this star transparency sheet. I went along with Ali and added the wooden star onto the transparency to start out my album. I really love the look. Instead of leaving my star the wood grained color, I decided to paint it red. Once it was dry I added it onto the transparency sheet. 


For now I will be using this album I found on clearance at Michael's a few months back. It is kind of small so we shall see how it goes as my album grows. I might have to switch it out. 


So this first page took me a while and two different tries to get it right. I didn't know exactly what I wanted and had a few ideas that just weren't coming together. In the end I made this simple title page that you see here. 

I had spotted these wonderful numbers on Pinterest while I was looking for some inspiration. I decided they would look great behind the wood star. Here is the link if you want to download a copy for you to use in your album. It was a freebie that Life Love Paper had available last year. 

After I had the numbers spaced accordingly I added the word stories from an Ali Edwards brush. I knew I wanted to add a few more things to this page. I played around with a few things but I really wanted it to stay simple and clean as this is the first page you see. 

In the end you can see I added a yellow star ( from the Surprise Story Kit ) and then the green word strip. 


I went back and forth about whether or not to add in an intentions/reasons why page. I decided that I needed to add in some sort of journaling about the album and such. So I used the freebie from Ali that she made available and put that on the top. The "december daily" I added the word joy in red letters up on top of the december daily. If you have an account on Ali's website you should have the freebie under your digital files. 



On the bottom I used a journaling card from Studio Calico. You can find that card here. I resized it, making adjustments to the wreath down at the bottom to fit my needs. Once I knew that I wanted the gold wreath on there I set out to figure out how to add the date on there. I loved those cork numbers and then built everything else around them. 


In the very early stages of putting my pages together I wanted to try and use these 2x2 pockets. I liked how Ali incorporated some photos and other items as part of her Day 1. I decided to do the same. 


I originally had a whole sheet of 2x2's but that just seemed like a lot. So I chopped off a row and added a tab. There we go, much better. These pockets can be fun. I looked through my stash for items to add into the pockets. One of the things I liked was that star kraft tag from the Main kit. I wanted to add in some green to this page and as part of day 1 so I cut up that green ombre card from the Main kit. Let's see, I also added in that cute typewriter from Simple Stories, the white number 1 from the kit and a few fun photos. 


On the bottom here I added one of the circle pieces from the kit and a digital paper from One Little Bird. That black little square was part of a digital card that I shrunk/cropped down to fit into the 2x2 pocket and printed it out. 

**TIP** I want to share that with these little 2x2 photos and papers I adhered them together back to back to make sure they were the same size. Ahhh, my OCD nature is so much better now. LOL. 


Here is what the inside title page and the 2x2 page look like together. 



That is it for me this time. I have to finish up Day 1 and then I will be back to share that with you all. Hopefully sometime tomorrow. Is anyone doing December Daily this year ? Take care now. 

No comments: