Friday, October 14, 2016

Jedi Training

Hi everybody ! I am back on the blog today with another catch up spread. This one has been done for a while now and thought that I would share it here. Here is what the whole thing looks like. As you can probably guess it is all about Katelyn and her Jedi Training at Disneyland. The other two kids did not want to participate. Yeah, they regret it now. Next time though.


When we went to Disneyland back in March Katelyn really wanted to participate in the Jedi Training program. So we headed to the sign up line first thing that day and I stood in line for an hour and a half to reserve her a spot.


I used a variety of supplies for this spread. Some of the cards from the Magic Story Kit from Ali Edwards, some stickers I had picked up over the summer, and some Star Wars stickers I found at Michael's way back.

I knew that I wanted to use this awesome sticker for the title card.  I kept it pretty simple and only added that yellow star.


Thankfully the color scheme came together easily. I chose to go with lots of browns, and that sort of pink/red color. Oh and orange here and there.


When it was her turn to go and suit up for training she did so rather quietly and cautiously that I would have though. It was all business. But I want to point out that there was definitely a smile on her face.  The brown filler card was from the Magic kit, along with those pull apart word strips.


The top photo is what all dreams are made of if you ask me. I loved that she was able to participate. Way to go Disney, way to go !! I added a Yoda quote to that darker brown card and added the sticker to the bottom.


One last picture to share for the left side of the spread. This one is a journaling card I believe is from Studio Calico. I added a word strip to the card to add some cohesiveness to the spread, I also added some of them to the right side. Plus they were perfect.


Okay, let's talk about the right side. The bottom photo is of all the Jedi's down going through their paces. Getting ready to battle the Dark Side. I added in a smaller photo of her battling Darth Vader to a journaling card and added a few embellishments. Can I just say that this little jedi girl is so adorable. I added her on to some white cardstock and left her as is.


I added in a smaller photo of her battling Darth Vader to a journaling card and added a few embellishments.


If I remember correctly that rad card is from the Magic kit as well. I added the letters SO and a few other stickers to the card.



I wanted to add in another photo here so I stuck it next to a journaling card.


This moment was both Magical and Legendary. Katelyn was so into her roll as a Jedi that she got lost in the moment. She had a blast battling the big Darth Vader and I loved seeing her do it.


That is a wrap on this fun Jedi Training spread. Thanks for coming. Have a fabulous weekend everybody ! Happy Scrapping.

1 comment:

Debbie P said...

So awesome! Love it!