Monday, August 22, 2016

Project Life Week 27

Howdy everyone ! I am so glad to have you here on the blog today. We as a family had a fabulous summer. It was full of adventure, fun, and lots of great memories. Summer usually is busy and leaves less time to scrap and blog.

Today I am here to share with you my Project Life Week 27. I got hit with the PL bug the other day and I wanted to create something summery. I chose to create this week and I love the result.


In the beginning of creating this spread I wanted it to be semi simple. I am many, many weeks behind in my PL album and I really am trying to get some pages done. I think I stayed fairly simple and photo central this week. Especially for me, I love to add lots of fun things and embellishments. Okay moving on. Here is a look at the left side.


To start off I pulled out some cards and embellishments from a Studio Calico kit. I believe this one was mostly Pool Party. This is the title card. I kind of stacked everything up on the right side of the card on this one.


These little rubber embellishments that came in the kit are my favorite. I added this little drink one onto my journaling card on the bottom on top of the strip that says LOVING. This journaling card talks about how my friend that moved away last summer came to town and how we scrapped all afternoon. She even brought me a pink drink from Starbucks.


I love how the pink in my drink ties in with the rest of the pinks in my spread.


Even though I had to turn this top photo black and white I love it. We were playing in the grass one night and I laid down from being tired. Noah and Katelyn layed down and asked what I was doing.


This little filler card has a cute quote that I thought went really well with our laying in the grass photo.

Patrick had cooked some chorizo meat on the grill for tacos this week for dinner.


On Saturday we spent most of the late afternoon and evening outside. We swam, the kids made a waterslide with the hose, we had carry out pizza, ect. I added a digital brush from Studio Calico and added some letter stickers on top to spell out SAT.


Here is another look.


Let's move on the right side now. Here is what it looks like.


We have been washing the car ourselves this summer and the kids are serious fans. It's like their favorite chores in the history of ever.


This simple yellow journaling card is just that. Simple and lovely. I added the wood veneer camera and a word sticker on top of my journaling.

I typically don't like dark black card like this bottom one but I don't know. I love this one and I added a few cluster embellishments to add to it. I thought it was kind of plain by itself.


Even though I didn't get a photo of us playing Just Dance on the WII I got a photo of my hand holding the remote to add to the white card here. The journaling card next to it talks about how I won and got the highest score.


The girls have liked to wind down by playing or watching something on the ipad at night this summer. They will get all the pillows in the corner in the family room and sit there until its time for bed. I am so glad that I snapped a photo of it. I added the brush word from Ali Edwards to the photo along with the yellow star and some journaling.


Here is the last look that I want to share. I picked up some of these fun words from Heidi Swapp when I was in UT.


Thanks for coming and I hope that you are having a fabulous day. Until next time.


2 comments:

Liz said...

Sigh... you are so creative! You have a real treasure here.

Mindi said...

Oh thank you so much for your comments Liz ! They mean so much to me. I am glad that I am able to share my projects for you.