Friday, July 22, 2016

Disneyland 2016 | Project Life Spread #2

Hello, hello everyone ! I am currently on vacation for the next several weeks but I'm going to be updating the blog while I'm here. Yippee right ?!!

I am going to be sharing another Disney layout. This is the second layout from our 4 day trip we took back in March. I mentioned that I have a plan to create 2 misc. spreads, 1 for Tomorrowland, and 1 for Carsland. This one one is the 2nd misc. spread. Here's what the whole thing looks like together.


Here is the left side. I started out using some supplies from the Say Cheese 2 line from Simple Stories. This line is full of great Disney themed products. I threw in a few other things from my stash and the Magic Story kit from Ali Edwards.


Since I didn't need a title card I created a journaling card instead. This card is from Simple Stories and I added the love stamp and the stars.


If we are in Disney for a birthday we always go to the Character breakfast. Maddie's Birthday was March 1 and so we went to breakfast that day. The two photos on the 3x4 are from that morning.

The next journaling card is one from Simple Stories again paired with the chipboard circle from the Magic kit. I added in some journaling and then some digital words on the bottom.


Here is a closer look.


One of our favorite rides is Pirates of the Caribbean. I snapped a photo of the sign while waiting in line.

This wish card came together so great. The background card is from an old SC kit. I cut out the black castle from a 3x4 journaling card and adhered it to the background card. I though the wood veneer wish piece was so fun and that it needed to be added in this spread. The washi tape on the bottom is from a recent SC kit.


This photo is of the top of Big Thunder Mountain. I added a digital brush from Ali Edwards and a few little embellishments.


I kind love how this card came together. Like really love. The mickey ears I cut out of a Simple Stories card and put onto the journaling card after I had printed on it. The blue chipboard piece is also from the Magic kit. I am so happy to be using that kit now that I have Disney photos. Yippee.



Let's talk about the other side now. This photo on the left is on Noah at the Redwood Forrest area. The kids could spent hours here. There are rope courses, zip lines, and slides galore.



This year was the first time that all 5 of us were able to ride a bunch of rides. Big Thunder Mountain being one of my favorites. The photo on the right is one of them.



This cute little photo of the girls on the rocket ride makes me smile every time. Their faces are full of joy and I always want to remember that.

Can I just say this sparkle card was perfect to hold a quote from Maddie. Love it.


Noah thought I was being silly when I was making a big fuss about going on the kid roller coaster in Toontown.


If you have ever been to Disney you know what I mean about Disney at night has this certain magic all in its own. I snapped a photo and added a digital brush.


Since we were not home to make or purchase a real cake we bought Maddie a carmeled apple for her birthday. We put the 9 candle on it and sang happy birthday to her at the hotel.

The last journaling card is the one about Big Thunder Mountain. I wanted to make a point that it is our favorite ride. Those stickers are from Simple Stories.


Well that is a wrap for my second Disney spread. I have so many more to do and I can't wait to get them done.

The colors for this spread came together rather well, I was surprised. You never know with busy and multiple photos you know. Anyway, I have to go now. Lots of fun to be had while we are on vacation.

Thanks for coming. Take care.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Your layouts are fun and fabulous. Love the way you decorate your cards to make them look more interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Mindi said...

Thank you so much Sharon !