Thursday, October 8, 2015

Project Life Week 7 | Take 2

Hi everybody !

I have been slowly chipping away at the first part of my 2015 Project Life album. Crossing the dots, and dotting the I's so to speak. All the while working on the empty spaces.

*** Disclaimer *** Ha Ha. Yes, yes, I know that it is Oct. and nobody wants to see Valentine's Day stuff right now. So I am sorry. **

The start of the year if I had an event that I wanted to scrap I would plan ahead and add in a page protector. Now is the time that I am going back and filling in those pockets. So Fun !!

Recently I was working on a beach trip and I had to re arrange my Week 7. Originally I did week 7 for a Design Team assignment. Since then I needed to rearrange things and my plans changed.

Let's get to the sharing shall we.



Most of the supplies that I used for this one was from misc Studio Calico kits.


Shoe shopping and Katelyn's birthday. The white card was from a SC kit but it is from one of my favs Ali Edwards. Was anybody else soooo excited to see her cards and such in the SC kit ?!!


More regular life. Katelyn's birthday cake on her actual birthday.

Long live legos.  I added this digital brush from Ali Edwards.


Moving onto the second page. For the second page I used the BH Design G page protector. One of my favorites. It is so versatile.

On the way down to the beach we made a few stops. The first one was to pick up my Valentine's Day present. A 50 mm lens ! As you can imagine, I had to test it out the whole way down. We also stopped for lunch and then at the fruit stand. Always a must.


My son came home with the photo on the right side from school for Valentine's Day !! Adorable right ? This was the main reason for using this particular page protector. Love it !


Fresh Oranges. Yummmm.


I did end up adding in one of my favorite pictures from our play at the beach. I also did a whole spread full of beach photos. So stay tuned for that.


This one was rather simple but seriously I love how it turned out. I really would love to get some more pages/photos/stories documented very soon. With that being said I might do more "simple" spreads. We shall see. Cause you all know that I LOVE to play, embellish, use STUFF, ect.

Thanks for coming everybody !

Have a wonderful week and weekend. I will see if I can pop back in soon and share more.


6 comments:

helen r said...

I am always to happy when I see you have posted a new page. Awesome as always. I wrote this on your Instagram post yesterday but in case you didn't see it...I love your pages because you have the perfect mix of white and colour, simple and embellished. I love how you add stuff to journaling cards and photos. I have so many of your pages saved for inspiration. Keep up the great work!

helen r said...

I am always to happy when I see you have posted a new page. Awesome as always. I wrote this on your Instagram post yesterday but in case you didn't see it...I love your pages because you have the perfect mix of white and colour, simple and embellished. I love how you add stuff to journaling cards and photos. I have so many of your pages saved for inspiration. Keep up the great work!

Mindi said...

Thank you Helen !! Your constant support is what keeps me going ! Even though it seems like I don't blog much anymore. I will see what I can do about that ok ! And yes of course I saw your IG comments. They are always appreciated and I am so humbled. Thank you again.

studio pashnada said...

I'm new to Project Life and will be going back to do about 8gazillion years (yikes!)
Your pages are so balanced and full of info.
Can you tell me how you print on your journal cards? Or give me a link to a post you've written about it?

Thanks!

Mindi said...

Sherry, so sorry about not responding sooner. Usually I'm not this delinquent. Thank you for your kind comments. I'm so happy to hear that you are embarking on the Project Life train. As far as printing on my journaling cards : I use Photoshop to space out my journaling and then print onto the cards through my printer. That's the short version. I use a lot of the digital version of the cards in Photoshop to know where I can put my journaling. I do have an old tutorial if you want to check it out. Look on the right hand side of the blog under Tutorials. You can find it there. Let me know if you need anything else or have more questions.

studio pashnada said...

Thank you so much for answering.