Tuesday, January 27, 2015

This Sweet Life | Week 41 of 2012

Happy Tuesday everyone !!

I am so fortunate to be working with 3 great companies this year.  With that comes sharing the projects that I have made with their products. Yipeee, right ?!!

Today I want to share a layout that I did using the Noelmingon.com kits. They have one regular scrapbooking kit and one geared towards pocket pages. And naturally that is the one I get to work with every month. It is called the Daily Diary.

I shared my pages over on their blog today. Click here to check it out and to check out their shop !

The kit that I was working with this month was called Hey Girl. So let me get to the sharing part now shall I !


One of my goals this year is to try and get some pages done and get caught up to the current time. I was looking through my 2012 album and noticed that I have a couple months missing.

It sure was fun to be looking through older photos. Especially of my kids, because they have grown up so much since then. It was really fun to go back, print some of these photos and re live some of these fun moments.

This layout is from 2012 and week 41. October 8 - 14th.


Here is the first page.


I decided to enlarge this photo of the kids riding down the sidewalk. It is always fun to have a bigger photo and I added the week # and date to the picture on the right where there was a blank space.

I cropped it to 4x12 and printed it out as two separate 4x6 photos. I wanted to try and keep the illusion of the two pockets being one photo and so I added the small strip of patterned paper onto both photos.


Journaling about Maddie and Skippy that she got to bring home from Kindergarten. 


Maddie and Skippy. 


A fun photo that I cut in half to fit into the small 3x4 pockets. 


Here is the right side. I used a Design J from Becky Higgins. 


Katelyn was very interested in bow and arrows since the movie Brave came out. She made her very own bow and arrow. 


A photo of the kids and some thoughts that I had written down at that time. 


A fun filler card and a photo of Katelyn's treasures she found on our walk that week. 

That is a wrap on week 41. Another week in the books. Another week documented. Feels really good. 





1 comment:

Shawn said...

I really need to try the 4 x 12 photo idea! Love the way it looks! Thanks for sharing!