Thursday, January 29, 2015

His First Field Trip


I wanted to pop in and share a few Project Life pages that I created for a Creative Team assignment.

Back in October the Kindergarteners went on their first field trip to the pumpkin patch and corn maze. I was so happy to be joining them and so was Noah. Before the big day came he kept asking if it was field trip day !!

Here is a look at both pages.


Left side. Right side.



I used the Midnight Core Kit for this project and also some misc. Studio Calico PL kit items.

A very simple title card. Sometimes that is all you need.


I used a digital overlay from the Just Add Color kit. Although they have a physical kit available as well.

Noah wanted to hold my hand the whole trip. I was not complaining !!


Picking out his pumpkin to take home.


Inside the corn maze. We got lost, for reals !!


I liked this little banner that was on one of the photo overlays in the pack. But it was on the wrong side on the overlay. Meaning it was located on the left side and I needed it for the right side. I fixed that, simply by cutting it out and glueing to my photo where I wanted it.  Don't be afraid to customize products to fit your needs.


A few close ups from the first page.



I LOVE to enlarge photos for a bold impact. I cropped this photo of Noah and his pumpkin to a 12 x 8 size.


My Journaling card.


An instagram shot. Of us waiting in the corn maze while the teachers figured out how to get us out !


That is it for me today. Thanks for coming !


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!! Been a huge fan of yours for years. I absolutely love your pages, such an inspiration. And I just had to tell you I just scrapped my first field trip with my son. We went 10-22 and my page is digital. :) Have a good week!

Debbie P said...

New to your blog. Love your style. What awesome photos and I love the enlarged photo. Such an impact! Great embellishments used for your theme. Very inspiring!

Mindi said...

Hi Sabrina !! Thank you so much for your kind comments. I am so happy to hear that you scrapped your sons field trip too ! Great job !

Hi Debbie ! I'm so glad that you stopped by the blog. And thank you for great comments. I love and appreciate each and every comment.

Hugs ladies and thank you !!