Saturday, February 15, 2014

Project Life Week 4

Hello everyone !

I hope that you all had a great Valentine's day yesterday and that you got something sweet to eat !

I wanted to share with you my week 4 today.

Here is a look at both of the pages together. If you remember from week 3 I did a half page. It turned out perfect for week 4 to fill up a half page and a full page. 

During week 4 I had surprised Noah with some Monster Jam tickets for him and his daddy to go see on Saturday. That will take up a whole spread, along with some photos about what us girls did while the boys were gone.  In the end it worked out perfectly.

I have to say that this week was really fun and turned out great !  


For my title card this week I ended up putting it on my photo instead of on a title card. Originally I had it on the top of the insert but quickly moved it to the bottom. It was next to the title card for week 3 and it just looked better down on the bottom. Again, I added Ali Edwards week line brush.

Usually it is completely sunny here. But lately we have had some great sunsets with clouds, we usually don't see clouds. It was just gorgeous. 


Did some shoe shopping for all 3 kids this week. Bought them each 2 pairs and they all went up in sizes. Wanted to document their sizes right now.

Added the cute wood veneer heart from the new SC kit. Put some patterned paper from one of the journaling cards from the kit behind the opening, loving the result.

Did lots of furniture store browsing this week.  Took this photo at Pier 1.


Now off to the second page.

Kids had a picnic snack in the backyard. On the menu : blueberries, fruit snacks, carmels, baby tomatoes, and goldfish. Their pick, not mine. 


Noah and his friend Dominic, who also is his preschool partner. The dynamic duo had a play date and got dressed up "boy style". This was the best photo I got out of the 2 of them, go figure.


I added the clear vellum embellishment (from the SC kit) to the photo and love the result. I even tried a few other embellishments with it but ended up just leaving it plain.


The kids have been so into Harry Potter lately. They printed out, and colored signs for some of the famous "Magical" sights and then placed them all over the house. They were on every door and this one was on the railing to go upstairs.

This card was perfect ! I simply placed it on top of the photo. It was part of the teen themed cards from Becky Higgins. I really wanted to make sure the important parts on the card were highlighted so I outlined and circled some of the words. 


Snapped this one with my iphone on a bike ride with Noah. The stamp was a perfect embellishment to the photo. The stamp is from a SC kit.

I have been trying to say "Yes" more to the kids. 


When I first spotted this journaling card I knew exactly what I was going to use it for. It was going to be for something Harry Potter ish.  You can find the card set here.

I added the red banner from the newest SC kit just under the word magic. I also recolored the word magic to match my weeks color scheme.

The photo is of Katelyn and her handmade wand. You can't see it real well but this is what she wanted to do for her photo. The kids go around the house like this, shouting spells at one another.


So let's just say that this week had it's good moments and it's bad moments. As a parent I had to give out 2 hard, but needed lessons or reminders. This first card has this great triangle embellishment from Heidi Swapp.

And pardon my use of words, but sometimes you got to call it like it is.  Journaled a lot on the second card. The word true is from Heidi Swapp. I added the blue striped sticker to my journaling card before I printed it so that it would print right on the sticker, and then the card was ready for the last of the embellishments, the word true, and the others.



That's a wrap of week 4. 

I am needing to work on a design team assignment next and then I will be back to work on the rest of my week 4 ( my full page spread about Monster Trucks).  Also really wanting to take some time to work out another tutorial for you all. Stay tuned for that.  Lots of fun stuff happening around here.

How is everyone's albums coming along ? I hope that you are all having fun. Take care now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the honesty in your PL spreads and all the many tiny details which
take so much work to do but look
great. I also like how you show
how you put things together so we
can try too such as saying how
you printed on the blue tape.
Truly appreciate the time you take
to put this all together.