Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Project Life Week 3

Hello Week 3. I'm moving right along. Loving it !!

Here is a look at both pages together. You will notice that the right side there is only had a half page. Well, I didn't take many photos this week. I was fighting a cold, helping a friend paint and decorate some rooms in her home. I took 2 photos with my big camera and the rest were with my iphone. So instead of pulling my hair out trying to fill all the pockets, I used a Design H page protector from Becky Higgins. Worked out great.

I really love how the colors came together this week.


The first page.  Alphabet flash cards, a bathroom, bikes and the letter S.


I have been working hard with Noah to get him to learn his letters and sounds. We have been doing his alphabet flash cards in the car. It's perfect, he is sitting down and it keeps him entertained while we are driving.

I used a journaling card from the Jade Core Kit. The aqua letter n is from Heidi Swapp, way back I believe. The yellow star is from the new Heidi Swapp chipboard sheet.


This journaling card talks about shopping and then finally finishing off decorating my guest bathroom.

Another photo of my bathroom.


I am in love with these cute freebie biking brushes from Persnickety Prints. You can find them here. I also am in love with these adorable wood veneer bikes from Studio Calico.   Aren't they just the cutest !

Brush on the photo can be found here.


Noah has taken his bike to preschool a few times now. His teacher is awesome. She takes chalk and draws letters and numbers on the road for them to find and run over. The boys love it !!


Here is a look at the last page. Again, this one is design H. Half of a Design A.


We had quite an adventure/scare over the weekend. I needed to have lots of room for journaling the story, so I picked out a bi-fold card from the Jade collection.

I have to say that the rub ons from the Studio Calico this month were awesome and perfect for me this month/week. The brown circles are from the rub on sheet.


Journaling cards. Talking about a visit from grandma, grandpa, and my nephew. I loved playing with the cute little heart stamp from the Studio Calico kit a while ago. I stamped it 3 times on the bottom of the first journaling card.


We played a family favorite game on Friday night with grandma and grandpa. Of course, the kids wanted to help out.

I have been slowly going through all my supplies, purging, and organizing my supplies and found this cute & paper clip. I made a quick banner for this picture.


I have found that when people are looking through my album and they come to an insert, they skip right over it and move on to the next full page. Not realizing that there is another small page there. I then have to rudely interrupt them and say, but you missed a page !! LOL. So to avoid the rude behavior I have been adding a tab to my inserts/shorter pages. It makes the reader aware of the insert.
These tabs are simply clear tabs I picked up from Office Depot. 


There you have it. Week 3 done and documented. I will now start week 4. Did I really say week 4 ? Wait, what ? When did that happen ?

Until next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how you do PL! Your layouts have great design, colors, journaling and flow! The lovely embellishments and journaling add to the photos but do not distract from them! Thank you for sharing!
Roberta

Mindi said...

Thank you so much Roberta for your kind and wonderful comments.