Thursday, December 5, 2013

December Daily Day 1 | Sunday

Welcome to December Daily 2013 | Day 1

Is it really December ?

This year it really snuck up on me and caught me completely off guard.  To be honest, I'm still trying to play catch up.  Don't get me wrong, I was soooo excited for this Christmas. To decorate my new house and all.

I did manage to get my day 1 done. Although still trying to work out my cover page.

As far as my album, it still has not been ordered and will probably have to wait until after Christmas. But I did pick one out. It's the handbook by Studio Calico. The magical edition. Hopefully it will still be available after Christmas.

I am using a 6x8 album this year, as I did last year. I think it is a perfect size for this sort of project. I am using a combination of divided page protectors. 




I made 3 different orders for supplies. The last one is still on the way. Yeah, did I mention that I was not ready for December. Hence the last minute realization that I did not have many page protectors. Usually I am very on top of things.

Moving on with the good stuff.

Here is a look at my Day 1 spread.

This day actually took place the day before. Shhhh, don't tell the December Daily police. But we were all home on Saturday and Grandma and Grandpa were still here. So we all hopped in the car and went to find us a Christmas tree. 


The kids ran around the tree lot for a few minutes playing hide n seek with grandpa. Not wanting to stand still long enough for a photo. This was the best one of the bunch.


Here is a look with some embellishments on it.  I also left a white border on the photo.


The sun was setting as we were finishing up at the tree lot so I snapped a picture.  I bought these great wood veneer squares and wanted to use this one for day 1. 


Journaling cards.

The cute envelope is from Studio Calico that I had in my stash. I cut down a tag and journaled on it. Also added a small photo of us in front of the tree at the lot.

The second journaling card was one from the SC Project Life kit. I went through all my SC journaling cards and set aside all the ones that I thought would work for my December Daily album. I added a photo of the tree on top of our van. 


Here is our hero, carrying our tree with one hand ! The kids were impressed. I had this great overlay left over from the SC PL kit. I thought it was perfect for this photo. The #1 is from a sheet of transparency numbers made by Alison Kreft. Love these, look for more as the album goes on. 


Well day 1 is now done. Moving on to Day 2. All about our Elf that came from the North Pole. Our first one EVER !!

Been scouring the web for some cute digital Elf stuff. I will even be happy with a printable. Anything will do !!

Has anyone seen anything cute ? I'm desperate. Please, please let me know. Leave a comment. I would be very grateful.

Thanks for coming. Happy Holidays. 

No comments: