Friday, November 8, 2013

Dressing up for Halloween

Now I know Halloween has come and gone already. So don't go quite yet ! Cute kid alert !

I wanted to share some photos from Halloween. The kids picked out their own costumes, as they do every year. You just never know what they are going to end up looking like.

It was no surprise that Noah wanted to be a minion. A Despicable Me minion with a fart gun to be exact. Yes, you can stop giggling now. And no, I'm not going to say it again. **See below**

He was very specific about which one he wanted to be to. About a month before Halloween he asked if he could watch the movie. He went on to say that he wanted to figure out how many eyes he wanted to have. 1 eye or 2. Good thing he wanted 2 eyes, because they don't make costumes with just 1 eye !

This year I really had good intentions of taking the kids out and getting some good photos of them in their costumes, but as luck may have it I didn't get it done. So we settled for horrible lighting and the front yard.  Thinking about it I should have done them in the backyard, better background.

Nevertheless, here you have Dave the Minion and his amazing fart gun.

There is a story about the fart gun. Noah insisted that he needed a fart gun. So I had plans to try to make one, using a shower head and some blue paint, and some other things that thankfully I did not get around to buying and using.

Enter Target. The amazing store, I love you. Was shopping for a birthday present one day and came upon this grand little blue gun on the shelf. I had to take a double take to make sure I saw what I saw. Could it be, a real life fart gun ! Oh my word, and hallelujah. Noah was overjoyed when I brought it home and I was even happier that I didn't have to make one. 



Moving on to more primm and proper things now, princesses. Again, no surprise that Maddie picked to be Princess Sofia from Disney's Sofia the first.

We curled her hair and applied some light make up that night. She couldn't have been happier.




Last but not least is Katelyn the kitty cat. Or as she named herself, Jingles (because of the bells on the cat collar).

At first she was dead set on being a dragon. Toothless to be exact, from How to Train your Dragon. She is obsessed with dragons at the moment and has been for some time now.

We searched for a costume, but only found one that was the real thing, and for some odd reason it was the wrong color of dragon. You would have thought that they could get the colors right on their own dragons. And it was $80 !

She even tried to get the neighbor to make her one. Luckily she found these kitty cat accessories and that was all she wrote.  She also insisted on having cat paws so we bought some off ebay. Although they are a bit bigger than what we thought they were going to be she stillloved them.

It definitely fits her personality. She is always running around being some sort of animal, usually a dragon though.




We had a grand time trick or treating in our new neighborhood. There were TONS of kids out and about and half way through we met up with our next door neighbor, Katelyn and Maddie's good friends and also another one of the girls's friends and went around with them until it was time to go home and get to bed. I am truly grateful for our new home and for our new neighborhood. We have made some great friends and have wonderful neighbors.

This week I have some sick kids. For the past 2 days now, Noah has been on the couch sick. So that has given me a lot of free time to get my chores done and also to scrapbook. I have been busy. I worked on PL week 22 and then switched over and did PL week 44 (It's all done !). I really wanted to do some more recent photos. Here is a sneak peak.


I will sharing my PL week 44 soon. I am also working on a halloween spread. Then I will get back to my PL week 22.

Have a great weekend everybody. I am hoping to have everybody well so that we can go do something fun, I also need to finish my search for our family photo shoot clothes. (Not my favorite thing to do) I have been cooped up in the house with sick kids far too long.


No comments: