Saturday, June 29, 2013

Noah's Beach Themed Birthday Party

Last week we celebrated Noah turning 4. I decided to go with a fun beach theme this year. It really turned out fun and the kids had a great time playing in the water.

I wanted to share some photos with you today.


We did a few activites before I let the kids play in the water. The first one was to "dig" in the sand for little treasures. I had filled up storage containers with play sand and then buried some little toys. It was a hit !


Here is Noah's Birthday cake. The kids really had a blast helping me decorate it.


Another shot of the cake


Making a wish/blowing out the candles.


I put together these "Goodie Bags" for all the party guests to take home. Inside : Shovel, sunglasses, goldfish, a candy bracelet, and a squirt gun. I also made them a jello bag of goldfish. I didn't get a picture of them. They looked so neat, and now I am so sad that I didn't get a pic. They were blue jello in a clear back with a goldfish in the jello. So it looked like a real live goldfish. Very cool.


I handmade these tags, including a thank you on the back.


A squirt gun activity before I let the kids have their squirt guns to take home. I made targets and they each got a turn to try and hit a bulls-eye. 


I decorated mostly outside with these flags that had beach themed items on them. I also hung beach balls around and balloons.


I wrote the beach report on the kids's chalk board and put it on the porch.




Had some drinks on ice for the party guests.


When the activities were over with, the gifts were given, and the cake was served the kids were allowed to go and play in the water. I had set up two pools and the slip n slide. It was hot and all the kids loved playing in the water until their parents came to get them.

Have a great weekend everybody. Stay cool, our high today was 108 !! EEEEK !!

P.S. Stay tuned for a day in the life update. I did manage to play along with Ali Edwards this month. Didn't take a whole bunch of photos but got enough. I will share soon. Also working on another layout of PL. This next one is of our trip to the zoo during spring break. Hope to have that done next week sometime and then I will share.


No comments: