Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Project Life Week 35/36

Welcome to another week of PL. 2012.

Yes I am still on 2012. I know, I know. But it is ok.

This layout covers about a 2 week time period. A lot of everyday happenings. Fall decor, a rain storm, ect.


I embellished the title card. A heart from Studio Calico, sticker from Amy Tan.


Pictures from the first page. Maddie the Clifford dog.


Fall decor. Studio Calico letters.


Journaling cards.

I used this daily overlay on the first card.

The second card I used this freebie journaling card. An instagram picture placed inside.


Used a vellum heart from Studio Calico. Love those.

Ali Edwards Fall Boxes.


The second page has more everyday life.


Noah's currently obsession. Brush is from here.


Made this digi 4x6. Used an instagram that I had and added some journaling. Word river from HERE.


Girls out playing in the rain. 


Utes football is here again !


Journaling cards.

Brown card from Studio Calico. Grey letters from Jillibean Soup.


Core kit card. Banner from October Afternoon.


That wraps up weeks 35/36. Week 37 is almost done. I think i only have 2 journaling cards to go and it will be finished. I also want to start my week 1 2013. Wish me luck !!

P.S. I am loving all the new mini kits coming out this May from Becky Higgins. I am sure some of them will be making their way into my 2013 album !! Yeah !!

Also I need to pick a childhood mini kit. I don't know if I get them all right now.  Probably going with Mayfield, it will go good with my 2012 album. Might just get them in digi format, that way I can change the colors. Hmmmm. Decisions.


8 comments:

Shayne said...

Hi Mindi,

Still loving your LO's! i am also behind on my 2012, but have just finished week 1 2013 and also my cover page, so feeling chuffed about that. Am planning to work backwards to get it done!

Wanted to ask you opinion. I am in SA and to get PL shipped to me is VERY expensive - i have to do it via the UK and for one kit the postage is 50 Pounds. Madness. So i was thinking about just getting a digi kit. I don't want to do my entire page digitall though. Do you print out each journal card etc and then slip into the folder? Is that the best way do you think? And do the colours come out fine? I'm thinking it may be the easiest way for me to do it!

I'd love to hear from you.

Hope 2013 is an awesome year for you and your family and that your house is finished asap.

xx

Mindi said...

I'm glad to hear that you are still doing PL Shayne. I think that if you got the digi kit and printed out the cards that would be a good alternative.

If I have a card that I want to print out, I will just print it on card stock and then cut it out and slip it in. You could put all the cards on one sheet of cardstock and print them out. I have a great printer and so the colors come out great. So the colors should be good for you. You can always try it out and see how it goes. I hope that helps, if you have any other questions feel free to ask !

Wishing you a great 2013.

Unknown said...

I absolutely love your work! It is beautiful! I have to know, why are you not on the design team? You are very talented! Looking forward to seeing more inspiration! You are wonderful!

Shayne said...

Hi, thanks for your feedback. I think i'm going to give digi a bash and I still have a brand new clementine kit that I haven't opened yet, plus leftovers from last year.

x

Mindi said...

Jocelyn -

Thank you soooo much for your nice comments. I appreciate them very much. I do love to share my creations !

As far as the design team, I would be thrilled to be a part of one but have never been asked. Simple as that.

Take care. And thanks for coming.

libbywilko said...

Another great week, like the fun moments of leaf racing and dress up.

Unknown said...

I have to say that I looove your pages! I'm trying to find an easier way to do my pages through some hybrid scrapping but making sure it doesn't take too much time. If you don't mind telling me what your workflow is especially when digitally journaling onto photos and cards. thanks!

Mindi said...

So sorry it has taken me this long to get back to you. I've been out of sorts and way behind ever since the big move.

As far as my process. I did a blog post a ways back, not sure if you saw that but here is the link.

http://niebuhrchicks.blogspot.com/2012/01/project-life-week-1.html

I went through the whole process of putting my week together.

I like to start with one of my Marcy Penner planners. Go through my photos, notes, iphone shots, ect and start planning. That way I have a good look at what journaling I need to put where.And If I want to add some journaling, or a title to my photos. And then from there I look through my stash, both physical and digital and plan out what is going to go on my photos and cards. Sometimes I have something already in mind for the photo, otherwise I just go through (usually my digital elements) and see what will look good. It is all about seeing what will work. I see it like a puzzle. I'm not sure if that helped at all, or if you wanted something specific. But feel free to ask anything you like. If you have a specific question or what not. I will try to answer quicker, I usually do. Thanks for your comments.