Sunday, April 8, 2012

Page Protector Tip

Today I want to take a little time to talk to you about page protectors. Yes, page protectors. I am sure most of you, at some point or another, have thought about them and asked "How do I store these?" I've been there people.

I want to share my preferred method of storing my page protectors. For years and years now I have stored them in a empty 12 X 12 Album. It works great. They stay up straight, they don't fall of the shelf, they don't get all bent up.

 The page protector is growing in popularity now a days with PL and other like projects on the market. They come in a million different shapes and  sizes. I started this year with all my page protectors all together in my empty 12 X 12 album.  It seemed fine but I had one problem. When I wanted a certain page protector I would have to go hunt, and flip through the whole album to find it. Because they are all clear and see through, I had to go through each one to find the one I wanted.  This past week I sat down and made some dividers for my album. Now everything is all sorted and in it's proper place. And best of all I can find the certain page protector in no time.

I cut up strips of cardstock to make my dividers. I cut them 2 1/2 X 12. Then I punched three holes using one of the page protectors as a guide.


The next step was to add some clear tabs. I picked some up at Home Depot.


I hand wrote the different page protectors names/size.  When writing the Becky Higgins page protectors tabs I wrote the name of the design on the tab.


Now I was ready to add them to my album. For those smaller page protectors (the 6X6 ect.) I put them in the front without a divider. I started using my dividers with my 6X12 page protectors.


Here is a look at the completed album. All my lovely page protectors sorted and divided.  Ahhh !! I feel so much better.


I hope this post has helped or inspired you in one way or another. If any of you have any other great ways to store your page protectors please let me know and be sure to leave a comment. I would love to hear from you !! 

**Album is American Crafts 12 X 12 in Brown 

P.S. The Becky Higgins Plain Scrapbook Dividers would be great for this project.

P.P.S. I am slowly working on my next PL week. It was the week we went to Disneyland, so I have SO many photos !! Thanks for being patient with me. Life has been SOOOO busy around here.  I will hopefully be able to share sometime soon !!

No comments: